Following the Government road-map launch on 22nd February, and subsequent British Rowing advice, the organising committee has come to the decision that trying to hold the regatta this year is not going to be possible. With the information we have today, holding any large-scale event before 17th May is going to be very challenging under the current regulatory framework, if indeed possible at all. With that in mind, and the requirement for the commitment of both people’s time and the club’s money in the coming few days, we have taken the decision to cancel this year’s event.
We are hopeful that from May 17th other UK events will be able to run, bringing much needed competition to the sport, and look forward to seeing as many people as we safely can at Wallingford Long Distance Sculls and Wallingford Head later in the year.
Chairman, Wallingford Regatta.